Reception desk clerk
Hourly rate of $15.60 to $19.40, depending on experience.
Permanent full-time position (35 hours per week).
RESPONSIBILITIESThe incumbent greets people who come to the Val-d’Or Indigenous Friendship Centre and directs them to the appropriate activities or services.
Concretely, your main challenges will be to:
- Answer the phone, route calls, and take messages.
- Provide general information in person or by telephone.
- Carry out security checks at reception desk, ensuring traffic management.
- Complete appointment confirmations and other administrative documents.
- Hold a high school’s degree, combined with 6 months to 1 year work experience in a similar field.
- Work experience and/or knowledge related to the reality and issues in the Indigenous communities.
- Hold intermediate computer skills.
- Good knowledge of French and English.
- Knowledge of a First Nations language considered an asset.
Customer service skills.
Stress management in crisis.
Sense of responsibility.
Workplace : 1272 7e rue
Start date : January 2024
Are you interested in this challenge? Persons are asked to complete an Internal Application form and submit it at the following address:
Val-d’Or Indigenous Friendship Center
Human Resources Department
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
website : www.caavd.ca
The Val-d'Or Indigenous Friendship Centre is the largest urban service hub for First Peoples in Quebec. Our great quest: Mino Pimatisi8in. It refers to the state of global, harmonious, and balanced well-being and, more broadly, to the quality of life of the Indigenous population.
If you're looking for a flexible work environment and a cause to rally around, you'll love working with our team.
BENEFITS FOR A BALANCED LIFE
Can a community organization be competitive? Yes! We strive for balance in our community by offering real life benefits.
Work-life balance is valued;
Voluntary retirement savings plan;
Sick and personal leave bank.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
We encourage applications from Indigenous candidates. Our organization recognizes relevant work experience as educational equivalency. Generally, the recruitment process takes approximately 14 days. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.